Friday, November 2, 2012

Do all moms feel the same?

I was pushing the stroller with my sleeping son and thinking how to explain it. Yes I have changed since my son was born. I have heard this long before I gave birth, that your life is completely changed  with the children but I never understood what it exactly meant.  I still don't but I know it is true...I just had my weekly lesson of 1.5 hours and I realize it is by far not enough, especially in comparison to the time I have committed to learning a language in the past. And still, after one hour of building sentences and practicing grammar my brain had started blocking the info and I was getting distracted like a two year old losing interest in their activity. And  my son was just there, taken care of and doing very well...and still as if there is a new sd card in my brain telling me I need to attend to him, to do something etc... Not to mention that while making sentences I struggled to remember six words: combination of noun verb noun verb noun verb. How is it possible? Is the motherhood simple like this? I just lost a part of my brain in the delivery room? It is useless to sum up all the blessings that  my son brings, every mom knows it better. As I recently read, a mom said it very well, that she grew a new extra heart for each of her children...I was just wondering whether it is possible to grow a new brain as well, extra brain for all I want to do in my life. For the moment my solutions is to just add up all my ideas to my to-do-before-bed list...it goes like this:
Read in Chinese, read the news, answer all my unanswered mails, start writing Christmas cards, clean up the storage room, read a book, learn Japanese, write a blog, note down my childhood memories, read about vaccines etc etc it goes on forever. And yet the only thing I could check on my to-do-before-bed list would be brush my teeth...

No comments:

Post a Comment